Data Science Intern
Leap is a student professional networking app uniquely designed to transform the job market industry. The main purpose of Leap is to disrupt the job market industry by introducing the first ever two-sided platform that is targeted to students (high school, university, and recent graduates) and employers. Leap implements a wide range of unique and compelling features that enhance both the job seeking process for students and the hiring process for employers.
Leap is looking for a player to join our design team as we look to continue providing cutting-edge tools and support to our design and development team. You will play a key role in in our design thinking process and the creation of our web and mobile application. You will bridge the gap between design, business, and technology to ship world-class digital experiences for leading companies and global brands.
- Utilizing the latest technologies available, designing and building data solutions to meet platform needs
- Constantly seek out better ways to do things, new tools, new technologies, new processes
- Work on transformational projects delivering new value
- Work as part of an agile team responsible for end-to-end delivery of business needs
- Deploy production-scale solutions using the Hadoop Ecosystem, transforming statistical and machine learning models from single node architecture to parallel processing grid technology
- Independently leading the analytics process to identify valuable and innovative insights in the form of data
- Promote analytics across the platform to enable LeapGrad to become a data-driven organization
- Collaborate with our Lead Developer and Co-Founders across all project deliverables
- Learn the end-to-end process of project delivery and the associated design tools involved
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python or R
- Experience utilizing SQL scripts/querying
- Proficient in building statistical and algorithmic models with complex and large datasets, including but not limited to: supervised statistical learning, clustering, natural language processing, recommendation systems, times-series analysis, experimental design (A/B testing), data visualization, deep learning and machine learning
- Ability to data extract, transform, and load processes with a variety of data types
- Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to stakeholders
What's in it for you?
- Great team and company culture
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Work with a Lead Developer recently awarded Top 30 Under 30 Developer in Canada
- Incentivized rewards based on performance